There are a lot of great organizations out there that create economic independence for families in need by providing them with job skills and education. The Hot Bread Kitchen, located in East Harlem’s La Marqueta, is one of those oranizations. They pay immigrant women to learn the skills they need to launch their own food buisness and attain management positions in the food manufacturing business. You can support them by volunteering or buying their fresh-baked bread throughout the city, including the Farmer’s Market at Union Square. Check out their website to find more info and the sales/ events calendar.
- Teachers in East Harlem Must Get Permission to Call Parents
- New Charter School in East Harlem Accepting Applications
- Mother Sues Preschool For Failing to Prepare Kid for Ivy League
- Great Non-Profit in East Harlem: Hot Bread Kitchen
- Manhattan Universal Pre-K Info Session Tomorrow
- Teacher Layoffs Hit Harlem HARD
- Is Crime in East Harlem Rising?
- Deadline for Harlem Success Academy 2 Months Away!
- ABOUT TIME: Sane judge lambasts city for abusing eminent domain in East Harlem development
- “Whose Barrio Is It?” Screening Tonight!